Since nearly one-third of your time is spent at work, CCB Technology believes you should love where you work. As a national leader in hardware, software, cloud, and IT solutions and services, CCB is in an accelerated state of growth. We believe employees are the primary ingredient for business success, and we invest in professional development, workplace culture and employee benefits. As a result, CCB was rated as a “Best Place to Work” by the Milwaukee Business Journal in 2015, and twice as a “Top Workplace” by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. If you want to love where you work, then join us at CCB!
The Network & Infrastructure Engineer is a key role within CCB Technology. The position is primarily responsible for the technical management of network and infrastructure projects for CCB Technology clients. However, this will mostly consist of implementation and configuration within assigned projects. Although the primary focus of this position is to implement and configure network and infrastructure projects, the engineer is also tasked with handling Service Desk tickets as needed (escalation and overflow).
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, other activities may be assigned at any time as identified by the position’s supervisor or the VP of the department.
- Technical Project Management will include the overall management of assigned projects to ensure proper implementation and configuration leading to successful project completion. Constant communication (both internally and externally) with be paramount to ensure all necessary parties are informed of current project status throughout the duration of the project.
- Service Desk Support is where the engineer will provide L3 technical escalation support for the CCB Service Desk team in remediating tickets for our IT Management clients. This can also include potential utilization for ticket overflow if required. This will also include being on a rotation for on-call escalation support after hours to remediate critical issues for IT management clients.
- Training & Certifications where the engineer will perform cross-training with other engineers to learn additional hands-on technical skills and abilities. This may also include studying, completing, and maintaining any required vendor certifications.
- Travel will occur where the engineer will conduct on-site client visits, as well as attend relevant conferences or tradeshows to represent CCB Technology.
- Effective documentation, both customer-facing as well as internal, occurring within assigned projects to provide necessary information to clients and relevant CCB staff.
- Timely and accurate submission of timesheets, PTO forms, expense reports, etc.
- Proper association of billable and non-billable time.
- This documentation must occur within CCB’s designated internal applications and tools, primarily within PSA, KB Documentation, and RMM.
Required Skills and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills, abilities and other personal characteristics (KSAOs) are reflective of the types commensurate with the level of education and experience indicated in this description and are described relatively within an occupation.
- Good knowledge of industry-leading hardware and equipment products (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Cisco, etc.)
- Good knowledge of industry-leading business productivity applications and solutions (Microsoft Office, Office 365, data backup solutions, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Detailed-oriented and work effectively under pressure with minimum supervision; able to multi-task several job responsibilities and show good judgment in assessing priorities.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Good interpersonal abilities to work with clients to resolve issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to provide guidance and knowledge share with other sales engineers
- Ability to speak effectively before a client or group of employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Education: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one-to-two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.