Since nearly one-third of your time is spent at work, CCB Technology believes you should love where you work. As a national leader in hardware, software, cloud, and IT solutions and services, CCB is in an accelerated state of growth. We believe employees are the primary ingredient for business success, and we invest in professional development, workplace culture and employee benefits. As a result, CCB was rated as a “Best Place to Work” by the Milwaukee Business Journal in 2015, and twice as a “Top Workplace” by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. If you want to love where you work, then join us at CCB!
The Service Desk Engineer is a key role within CCB Technology. The position is primarily responsible for the management and remediation of IT Service Desk tickets for CCB Technology IT Management clients. Specifically, this will involve complex tickets that cannot be resolved via our L1 Service Desk team and therefore are escalated internally.
Although the primary focus of this position is to remediate said tickets, the engineer could also be tasked with handling smaller network and infrastructure projects for IT Management clients, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, other activities may be assigned at any time as identified by the position’s supervisor or the VP of the department.
Service Desk Ticket Management: This will include the overall management of assigned tickets to current workload. Effective management will include:
- Proper utilization of CCB Internal tools. This will include but is not limited to, Autotask and N-Central.
- Constant communication (both internally and externally) to ensure all necessary parties are informed of current ticket status throughout the duration of the ticket. This may occur via phone, email, or ticketing system notifications.
- Timely remediation of ticket or if unable to resolve ticket issue then effective use of judgement to escalate ticket to L3/L4 for review.
- Provide on-call escalation support after hours to remediate critical issues for IT management clients.
- Effective documentation, both customer-facing as well as internal, occurring within assigned tickets to provide necessary information to clients and relevant CCB staff.
- Timely and accurate submission of timesheets, PTO forms, expense reports, etc.
- Proper association of billable and non-billable time.
- This documentation must occur within CCB’s designated internal applications and tools, primarily within Autotask and N-Able.
Training & Certifications: Perform cross-training with other engineers to learn additional hands-on technical skills and abilities. This may also include studying, completing, and maintaining any required vendor certifications.
Managed Services Client Projects: At certain points, tickets will be identified as projects that are out of scope with current IT Management/Help Desk contract. At that time, the Service Desk Engineer could be tasked with working with that client to complete that project under the client’s Master Service Agreement contract.
Travel may consist of: Perform on-site client visits; local, day trip only. Attend relevant conferences or tradeshows representing CCB Technology.
Required Skills and Abilities
The following competencies, knowledge, skills, abilities and other personal characteristics (KSAOs) are reflective of the types commensurate with the level of education and experience indicated in this description and are described relatively within an occupation.
- Good knowledge of industry-leading hardware and equipment products (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Cisco, etc.)
- Good knowledge of industry-leading business productivity applications and solutions (Microsoft Office, Office 365, data backup solutions, etc.)
- Experience working with Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange infrastructure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Detailed-oriented and work effectively under pressure with minimum supervision; able to multi-task several job responsibilities, and show good judgment in assessing priorities.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Good interpersonal abilities to work with clients to resolve support tickets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to provide guidance and knowledge share with other engineers
- Ability to speak effectively before a client or group of employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one-to-two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Weekly Average Utilization of Time
CCB Technology has an expectation for how you are consistently dedicating your time on a weekly basis. That is listed below. Please note that this can change for a variety of reasons on a weekly basis (PTO, holiday, certification training, etc.). However, most weeks should closely resemble the allocation of time as is listed below.
- 31 Hours (77.5%): Service Desk ticket management and remediation – includes documentation pertaining to tickets, as well as timesheets.
- 1 Hour (2.5%): Internal meetings
- 2 Hours (5%): Training – cross-training and vendor certification training.
- 6 Hours (15%): Lunch/Breaks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.