Since nearly one-third of your time is spent at work, CCB Technology believes you should love where you work. As a national leader in hardware, software, cloud, and IT solutions and services, CCB is in an accelerated state of growth. We believe employees are the primary ingredient for business success, and we invest in professional development, workplace culture and employee benefits. As a result, CCB was rated as a “Best Place to Work” by the Milwaukee Business Journal in 2015, and twice as a “Top Workplace” by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. If you want to love where you work, then join us at CCB!
The Service Desk Engineer is a key role within CCB Technology. The position is primarily responsible for the management and remediation of IT Service Desk tickets for CCB Technology IT Management clients. Specifically, this will involve complex tickets that cannot be resolved via our L1 Service Desk team and therefore are escalated internally. Although the primary focus of this position is to remediate said tickets, the engineer could also be tasked with handling smaller network and infrastructure projects for IT Management clients, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
Service Desk Ticket Management: This will include the overall management of assigned tickets to current workload. Effective management will include:
- Proper utilization of CCB internal tools. This will include, but is not limited to, Autotask and N-Central.
- Constant communication (both internally and externally) to ensure all necessary parties are informed of current ticket status throughout the duration of the ticket. This may occur via phone, email, or ticketing system notifications.
- Timely remediation of ticket and if unable to resolve ticket issue, then effective judgement to escalate ticket to L3/L4 for review.
- Providing on-call escalation support after hours to remediate critical issues for IT management clients.
- Effective documentation, both customer facing as well as internal, occurring within assigned tickets to provide necessary information to clients and relevant CCB staff.
- Timely and accurate submission of time sheets, PTO forms, expense reports, etc.
- Proper association of billable and non-billable time.
- Must occur within CCB’s designated internal applications and tools, primarily within Autotask and N-Able.
Training & Certifications: Perform cross training with other engineers to learn additional hands-on technical skills and abilities. This may also include studying for, completing, and maintaining any required vendor certifications.
Managed Services Client Projects: At certain points tickets will be identified as projects that are out of scope with current IT Management/Help Desk contract. At that time, the Service Desk Engineer could be tasked with working with that client to complete that project under the client’s Master Service Agreement contract.
Travel: This may consist of:
- Performing on-site client visits; local, day trips only.
- Attending relevant conferences or tradeshows representing CCB Technology.
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one-to-two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of industry-leading hardware and equipment products (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Cisco, etc.)
- Good knowledge of industry-leading business productivity applications and solutions (Microsoft Office, Office 365, data backup solutions, etc.)
- Experience working with Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange infrastructure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Detailed-oriented and works effectively under pressure with minimum supervision; able to multi- task several job responsibilities, and shows good judgment in assessing priorities
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Type 40+ words per minute
- Good interpersonal abilities to work with clients to resolve support tickets
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to provide guidance and share knowledge with other engineers
- Ability to speak effectively before a client or group of employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.